These rules are subject to change. There will be an announcement prior to any major changes.
- If you are under the age of 18, or it is illegal for you to view the contents of this website, cease browsing immediately.
- Do not post or link to content that violates local or Dutch law.
- Do not post or link to malicious content.
- No "raids" or cross board invasions. Do not associate a raid with 4chon.
- Ban evasion will result in a permanent ban with no exceptions.
- No excessive use of gore, furry porn, or other shock imagery.
- Do not attempt to impersonate the staff or administration team of 4chon.
- Do not advertise commercial products, for-profit websites and/or other imageboards. You may advertise live streams and other things of that nature within reason. Do not attempt to use any scripts for automatic interaction with Tinyboard/4chon.
- Threads should not be created nor derailed for the sole purpose of dumping pornographic images. Non-porn dumps are generally okay, as long as it doesn't take over the board.
- Try not to start a topic similar to an existing active topic.
- Do not post personal information or "dox" in a malicious manner. Posting of personal information or pictures of 4chon staff or members of the Tinyboard development team will result in an immediate ban and deletion.
- Excessive posting of images unrelated to the topic(s) at hand in a disruptive manner may result in a ban.
- Do not post maliciously in an attempt to effect policy changes.
- No GETs/dubs/trips/quads/quints, "posts ending in"s, etc.
- Do not post realistic "inappropriate" or sexually suggestive images of prepubescent children.
- There is an original content enforcing robot in place on /r9k/ that will "mute" you if you post something that has been posted before.
- OC(original content) is always expected. ("copypasta" is not appreciated, unless a substantial amount of new content is introduced.)
- Do not add irrelevant content to the post for the sole purpose of avoiding mutes (also known as "bloxxing"), this includes post signatures.
- This is not your personal echo chamber. If you start a thread, you are expected to invoke healthy discussion, not to tell everyone how your day went.
- Threads for the sole purpose of misogyny and baww should be kept to a convenient minimum. If one of these threads already exists, please post in it, unless your story truly necessitates its own thread. Mods may lock these if they become excessive.
- Threads are to be about news/politics/history and related topics.
- Race-based bigotry is allowed, as long as it is within proper context. /new/ is not anyone's personal echo chamber, nor is it an agora for any group's idiotic symposiums.
- in addition to rule #1, while this is not to be enforced by administrative fiat, it is recommended that most news posted on /new/ be current, or related to current events.
- Do not intentionally derail threads with tripfag drama.
- Threads must be about or related to video or traditional games.
- Do not attempt to derail threads with the intent to make them about topics that aren't video games or traditional games.
- Posts involving console wars or proclaiming the superiority of one console over another may result in a post deletion and a ban.
- Threads should be about academics or "do it yourself" projects.
- Homework help threads are allowed, but will be purged if they take over the board.
- No letters other than h.
- Threads should be about 4chon, its policies, community and/or staff.
Copyright © 2011-2012 4chon.net